Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Winstall.exe - helpp!, pc help
durnayasar
post Dec 15 2006, 04:39 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,033

Hi
My computer was infected with a trojan virus today, from a link from someone on msn messenger. I ran AVG Free and the virus went to the vault, which i have deleted and all seems to be running fine now. however, i've had to vault it three times. when I restart, the virus seems to reappear. but my computer is running fine.

but...

there is an icon on my desktop titled winstall.exe which when scanned doesn't contain a virus, but I have just had a quick scan thru some stuff on the internet and get the idea that its a nasty little program that lets other nasty stuff infect my computer I can't delete it, and in fact, am not sure if this is accurate and am a little worried its an important windows file i shouldnt be deleting at all.

I've now installed Avira Antivir as well, as a double up safety precaution, but no spyware detection programs as yet (I'm not even sure if I'm wording that correctly..)

help??
Lots of thanks
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ocxacu
post Dec 17 2006, 06:39 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Admin
Member No.: 19

Hi,

To remove winstall.exe, just go to any search engine and type in "how to remove winstall.exe". Read and follow the instructions on those website to remove it yourself if you could. If this won't work, call a computer geek to help you. Good luck my friend!!

Regards,

OcXaCu

--------------------
Anh em bốn bể là nhà, người dưng khác họ vẫn là anh em.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:36 PM